“Nonprofit community partnerships do well.”
In the area of community pride, responses were split relatively evenly between strengths/opportunities and weaknesses/threats—which is a good place to start from, knowing that there’s a lot to be proud of but also being aware that there is work to be done.
Strengths and Opportunities
- Economic development is done well
- Good access to I-85 for industrial development
- Jolly Park
- National battlefields
- Downtown is key! Good!!
- Cava Heritage and Art Chaps
- Knowing what the problem is!
- Small businesses
- Neighbors helping neighbors
- Nonprofit community partnerships do well
- A rich history
Threats and Weaknesses
- More areas for arts, music, theater in the school system
- To focus on more areas—arts, music, theater in the school system
- Empty real estate
- Unkempt properties
- Parks and Recreation needs expanding
- Community needs a new BRAND
- Punitive culture of law enforcement and courts
- Update downtown
- Green spaces