Pre-registration for auditions is REQUIRED. Online registration can be accessed at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a044eaaa62dabfc1-annie
The Mauldin Youth Theatre will hold auditions for its 2020 spring production, Annie, JR. on January 11, 2020. Please see below or visit the auditions page for information on how to sign up and claim your spot. The Mauldin Youth Theatre holds auditions for all youth in the community who are interested. No prior experience is necessary to audition.
Please read the points below, as our process has changed.
– Auditions will take place in the voice studio or auditorium. The holding room for auditioners will be Meeting Room I.
– Please be prepared to sing no more than 32 bars of music from the show or of a similar style.
– Please prepare a monologue from the show or of a similar style.
– Called back auditioners will be asked to read from the script in groups.
– AUDITIONING DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACTORS A ROLE. All auditioners will be notified if he/she has been offered a role in the production.
– Pre-registration for auditions is REQUIRED. Please view registration, audition form, and headshot information below.
– There will be a participation fee of $100 for this production for those who are cast. This fee covers necessities including food during dress rehearsals and the cast party, cast T-shirts, costume and hair accessories, video of the production, and more. Some additional supplies will still be required to be purchased, such as undergarments, make-up, dance shoes, and other items. If you are unable to make the payment or have questions, please contact Tim St. Clair.
DIRECTOR: Tim St. Clair Arts
AUDITION WORKSHOP: Saturday, January 4, 2020 @ 9 a.m. – noon
This workshop is $50. Contact Tim St. Clair for more information or to register.
AUDITION DATE: Saturday, January 11, 2020 | TIMES VARY
CALL-BACK DATE: Saturday, January 18, 2020 @ 10 a.m. – noon
Actors only need to attend this date if called back by the director.
SHOW DATES: March 20-22 & 27-29, 2020 (eight shows total)
REHEARSALS: Beginning date TBD
Rehearsals may be Mondays through Thursdays, 6-9 p.m. with occasional Saturdays (1-4 p.m.) and extended hours when necessary as production dates come closer. There will be times when the ensemble will not need to attend rehearsals. A rehearsal schedule will be provided to participants.
AVAILABLE ROLES: Twenty-five principle roles and various ensemble roles available.
Roles are for youth aged 18 and under. All auditioning actors must be able to read and comprehend the script without assistance.
This program is funded in part by the Metropolitan Arts Council which receives support from the City of Greenville, BMW Manufacturing Company, Michelin North America, Inc., SEW Eurodrive, and the South Carolina Arts Commission.