This meeting is for entrepreneurs, startups, small business owners, investors, etc. If you’d like to learn more about becoming part of NEXT, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Our March meeting will feature GVL’s own Ryan Heafy, CoFounder and COO of 6 AM City, as he shares his stories from the trenches of building, raising, and scaling in our region.
6 AM City, recently closed a Series Seed funding round, positioning the company to double in size in 2021. Like the GVLtoday newsletter, he will take us on a conversational journey, exploring the many levers used to raise $4M in capital over the past 3 years.
– Promissory Notes – Preventing dilution and creating a hurdle for future funding
– SAFEs – Acquiring competitors without cash, and what you need to know about SAFE’s in our region.
– Convertible Notes – Investors locally understand these, but not all Convertible Notes are created equal.
– Equity Round – Pulling funding round during COVID.
– Angel Investor Tax Credits – A key to our fundraising success.
– Navigating Capital – The options for startup capital in our region. Can you effectively raise locally?
– Cap Table – How to make a mess of it, and how to clean it up.
– Pitch Deck – The importance of your story, our evolution, and an awesome graphic designer.
– Investor Feedback – How to be sure you’re getting it, and the power of asking for advice