Get ready for STEAM fun for the whole family- iMAGINE Upstate is returning to Downtown Greenville!
The iMAGINE Upstate STEAM Festival Fueled by Fluor is returning to Downtown Greenville on April 2nd.
The iMAGINE Upstate Festival is a free street festival held annually on Main Street in Greenville. The mission of iMAGINE Upstate is to create meaningful experiences that promote a culture of lifelong learning and career readiness, with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) in pre-K through 12 education career pathways.
Over 50 exhibits from Upstate businesses and organizations will offer hands-on, educational activities for attendees of all ages. Experience the excitement of STEAM through drone races, robotics shows, explosive science experiments, 3D printing, arts and crafts, dance performances, and much more!
“Our amazing sponsors and exhibitors make STEAM accessible and fun. They help students answer the question, ‘When I grow up, I want to be…’ And it can be anything – an automotive engineer, an art therapist, a zoologist, a food scientist – you name it,” said Dallas Thomas, Program Coordinator for iMAGINE Upstate.
Key experiences will include:
- Join Fluor, iMAGINE Upstate’s title sponsor and a global leader in the engineering and construction industry, to help build a better world! Grab your hard hat and join the team! Learn how Fluor designs and builds the world’s toughest projects as you get certified in Design & Planning, Environmental Stewardship and Site Safety. Then, you’ll try your hand at building as part of a Fluor construction team. Working together, you’ll learn how to deliver safe, well-executed and efficient results.
- ‘Break I.T. Down’ with ScanSource! Learn more about the technology solutions you use every day! Put on your thinking cap and solve puzzles using QR codes and RFID (Radio-frequency identification).
- On your marks, get set, GO! Ride a stationary bike or use a handheld generator to power an RC car around a racetrack with ZF Transmissions Race Around the World! Learn how physics and electricity can make a car go faster or slower. Take an inside look an automotive transmission and crank a handle to explore L.E.D efficiency.
- How does the science and technology inside your electronic devices work? How does physics help you listen to your favorite music? Explore the relationships between electricity, magnetism, power storage, and audio filtration with Kyocera-AVX!
- Can you overcome the friction created by three different surfaces? Will you be able to Dodge the windmill to putt the golf ball into the hole? Which speed is optimal for a conveyor belt? STEM discoveries await you at Dodge Industrial!
The iMAGINE Upstate STEAM Festival Fueled by Fluor will be held Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 from 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Main Street in downtown Greenville. Attendees can enjoy complimentary Greenlink bus service to the festival site on festival day, thanks to Proterra! Greenlink will also be operating a free downtown trolley that will offer shuttle service from 10 AM to 7 PM on festival day. Festivalgoers can park for free at County Square and ride the trolley to and from the festival site.
There is no cost to attend, and the festival is open to the public. T-shirts, food from local food trucks, and refreshments will be available for purchase.
Mark your calendars, and join Upstate South Carolina in celebrating the joy and excitement of STEAM!
Stay up to date by visiting our website and following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The iMAGINE Upstate STEAM Festival Fueled by Fluor is a program of South Carolina’s Coalition for Mathematics & Science (SCCMS) at Clemson University.