Position Title: Upstate Mobility Alliance Director
Status: Full-time, salaried, exempt position
Location: Office located in Greenville, South Carolina, but scope is the 10-county Upstate
Application Deadline: September 27, 2019
Who We Are:
Ten at the Top (TATT) is a regional organization that works to develop strategic partnerships and enhance the collective capacity across the 10-county Upstate South Carolina region on issues that impact economic vitality and quality of life.
In June 2017 TATT began convening a group of transportation service providers in the Upstate with the ultimate goal of enhancing the movement of people and goods across the region. This effort now includes public, private and nonprofit partners.
Over the last two years, the group has developed the Upstate Mobility Vision, identified specific mobility themes, and a set of actionable strategies to support the vision.
The first actionable strategy is to develop the Upstate Mobility Alliance, which will serve as the convening and coordinating entity for advancing the Upstate Mobility Vision. The Alliance includes interested stakeholders from the public, private and non-profit sectors and has a leadership team as well as four task forces.
Whom We Seek:
The Upstate Mobility Alliance Director will be a prominent voice illustrating the valuable role mobility plays in the overall success of the Upstate while also promoting collaboration and community investment around mobility initiatives. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, engaging, and able to build connections with a wide range of stakeholders. The Upstate Mobility Alliance Director is an external facing position, but will also have responsibility for program and task force management.
As the lead staff member for the Upstate Mobility Alliance, the Director will have an interest in advancing mobility issues across the Upstate region. Additional requirements include:
- Minimum of five years of full-time experience at a management or supervisor level
- Proven track record of consensus building as well as developing and implementing initiatives that address specific objectives
- Experience in public speaking and articulating an organization’s mission and vision
- Ability to manage multiple projects or initiatives simultaneously
- Knowledge of South Carolina’s Upstate region with specific understanding of mobility and transportation in the region being desired, though not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of general government processes
- Knowledge of existing grants or other funding sources for transportation in South Carolina
- Experience writing briefings, strategy documents, initiative summaries and related materials
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Upstate Mobility Alliance Director will be a staff member of Ten at the Top and report to the TATT Executive Director. Responsibilities include:
- Lead day-to-day operations of the Upstate Mobility Alliance
- Coordinate the efforts of the Alliance Leadership Committee and Task Forces, to include: organizing meetings, working with the co-chairs on meeting content, facilitating meetings, and leading follow-up and next steps
- Participate in external mobility meetings and serve as the primary spokesperson representing the Upstate Mobility Alliance
- Conduct presentations and regular updates on the Upstate Mobility Alliance to interested stakeholders across the Upstate
- Develop and implement strategies to increase awareness of and participation in the Upstate Mobility Alliance
- Coordinate regional mobility events developed as part of the Upstate Mobility Alliance
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the mobility network across the Upstate
- Project management of task force initiatives
- Communicate with the Ten at the Top Executive Director and Board of Directors on the progress of the Alliance
- Participate in fundraising activities to support the Alliance as needed
- Write reports, white papers, summaries and support material
- Provide content for and support the web site and social media platforms
- Write and coordinate the mailing of correspondence to funding partners and stakeholders across the Upstate
- Other duties as assigned
The successful Upstate Mobility Alliance Director candidate should be:
- An individual who believes in working across jurisdictional and stakeholder boundaries to address issues that impact our region
- Eager and able to learn, understand and work on a broad array of issues; reflective, with strong conceptual, critical, and creative thinking abilities
- Approachable, knowledgeable, and able to develop meaningful relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan
- Professional with a demeanor demonstrating empathy, humility, respect, good judgment, cultural sensitivity and flexibility to represent the Alliance in diverse forums and organizational relationships
- Able to serve as both a “leader” and a “doer” in working with the leadership team and task forces to produce results-oriented outcomes\
- Flexibility to travel across the Upstate and participate in occasional evening meetings and events
Ten at the Top offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation & holidays and a cell phone stipend. The expected salary range for this position is $75,000-$90,000, but will be finalized based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Dean Hybl, Executive Director, Ten at the Top at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume and cover letter must be received by September 27, 2019. In your cover letter, please address the following questions: 1. Based on the job description, why are you a good fit for this position? 2. What appeals to you about being involved with achieving the vision of the Upstate Mobility Alliance? We anticipate conducting initial phone interviews with selected candidates followed by in-person interviews. Candidates will be notified by email of our acceptance or decline to schedule an initial phone interview by October 14th.