GREENVILLE, S.C.— Ten at the Top (TATT) has announced the speakers for A Cleaner Future: A Look at Air Quality, Sustainability & Energy Innovation in the Upstate Workshop, which will be held on August 17 from 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the TD Convention Center. This event will focus on how innovation and technology is helping individuals, businesses, institutions and governments enhance air quality and environmental sustainability whether it be in the home, while traveling or in the business setting.
“Continuing to improve air quality and sustainability in the Upstate is vital to both the physical health of Upstate residents and to the economic health of our region,” Dean Hybl, Executive Director of Ten at the Top, said. TATT has coordinated with the Upstate Air Quality Advisory Committee for this initiative.
“We are fortunate to have a great group of dynamic speakers for the workshop who will provide attendees with a wide range of ideas and tangible ways to improve air quality and sustainability while in many cases also saving money and resources,” Hybl said.
Event programming will feature the following:
Focus: Current status of air quality in the Upstate and how air quality impacts the physical health of Upstate residents.
• Karen Schwartz, Vice President of Performance Management/Support Services, Bon Secours Health System
• Dean Hybl, Executive Director, Ten at the Top
After the opening session, attendees will hear from the following presenters from three distinct market segments: home, transportation and business.
Focus: LEED Certification & Energy Efficiency
• Todd Usher, Founder and President, Addison Homes
• Lynda Shafer, Strategy & Collaboration Manager, Duke Energy
Focus: Transportation Fuel Action Tool (TAT)
• Maeve Mason, Deputy Director of Energy, Palmetto Clean Fuels Coalition
Focus: Whether it be from installing a solar farm on the roof of your manufacturing facility or instituting sustainability practices in warehouses or trucking fleet, there are a variety of decision making steps a company uses to make investments that support the environment as well as the company bottom line.
• Fraser League, President, Quick-Crate America
• Chris Trajkovski, Vice President of Transportation for Fleet Maintenance & Assets, C&S Wholesale Grocers
The workshop will culminate with lunch and a keynote wrap-up panel.
Keynote Wrap-Up Panel
• Michelle Abbott, Director of Sustainability, Duke Energy
• Weston Dripps, Executive Director of the Shi Center for Sustainability, Furman University
• Paul Pruitt, Director of Corporate EHS & Engineering, Milliken & Co
• Karen Schwartz, Vice President of Performance Management and Support Services, Bon Secours Health System
Additional sponsors include Piedmont Natural Gas and ReWa. A Cleaner Future tickets cost $20 and may be purchased here. Advanced registration is required, and space is limited.
About Ten at the Top
Comprised of public, private and civic leaders from across the ten-county Upstate South Carolina Region, Ten at the Top was created to connect and encourage regional collaboration through data-driven research and regular convening of leaders and citizens to address key issues facing the region. Ten at the Top works with regional partners to foster collaboration and strategic planning to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life for Upstate residents both today and as the region continues to grow